Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cooking: Is My Passion Week One

Grant Seymour
Period 1
English 1
October 4th, 2013
Although it would be easy to just grab something off the shelf in a grocery store, it is a good life skill to learn how to cook. That is my project. I am going to learn how to cook. This can be used to benefit others as well as myself every once in a while. 
My plan and purpose for this topic is to take something that I've never done before and know nothing about and turn it into one of my life skills. I have been taught all of the things that I should know, such as how to do basic chores and how to care for myself if I had to, but I have never been taught how to cook something that could be considered advanced. I can of course cook pasta and grilled cheese and everything along those lines, but I can't cook a nice dinner that would require some kind of skill. That is my main goal by the end of this project, is to be able to make one of my life skills how to cook well. 
The reason that I chose this topic is because you always hear about people playing sports and excelling in academics, and frankly that is what I have been doing and trying to do my whole life. But now that I'm getting older, I'm starting to realize that I am able to do all the stuff that I was never exposed to as a child. I want it be as well-rounded as possible, so I started thinking about what I was most capable of doing that I have never done before. Cooking was one of the first things that came to mind, so I went ahead with that. I'm going to try to become so good at it by the end of the project that I will possess a new life skill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment